Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, April 27, 2015

Moody Monday

I'm just jumping in with a quick update to keep things rolling here on the ole' blog.  It's been a doozy of a week!  As is usual for our spring, we are deeply entrenched in the soccer season.  These last two weeks are extra busy as we are making up for games rescheduled due to bad weather early in the season.  It's fun for me, but I don't know how Mr. Wonderful balances all the responsibility!

Stepdaughter #1 has made her college selection and will be heading to Furman University in the fall.  It's where her dad, mother, grandparents, aunts and uncles attended before and now she will be the first in this generation.  I'm so thrilled that the decision has been made.  As we attend all the senior ceremonies, I well-remember what it felt like to be on the cusp of adulthood with so much possibility before her.  I'm excited for her, indeed!

My firstborn is winding up his elementary school years and he's so excited about going to middle school.  I was recently reminded of the academic trouble we had early on and I'm so grateful and proud of the way he has excelled. He's on a unique team that has been invited to the Destination Imagination global competition AND he's heading out to Washington DC with classmates soon.  I'm so proud of him, my heart may explode!

My littlest guy has been battling a surprise infection for the past week.  An aggressive bacteria showed up in a wound on his face and he has missed school, activities, and has spent too much time at the doctor in the past week.  Poor little guy.  This mama hates seeing her baby's face marred, but I'm so hopeful that it seems to be on the mend.

My in-laws are arriving for a visit this week.  We have soccer games, gymnastics, school events and more.  I've still been purging every day this month and I'll do an update on that soon.  This life is full and crazy, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment