Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, January 21, 2013

Moody Monday - What I'm Into this January

Pinned Image
source
Downton Abbey - I stumbled upon this show during season one and got on the band wagon early!  (It's what happens when you're home alone on Sunday evenings without cable ☻).  It's been so fun to recruit my family and friends to watch along.  I'm loving the current season and look forward to it every week.  My TV faves are Downton, Parenthood and Big Bang Theory - what a combination!?!

Coffee - This winter I'm drinking more coffee than ever.  I'm not sure how I feel about that but I cannot seem to resist the heavy warmth each morning.  My favorite is Millstone Hazlenut Cream. 


Wool Socks - There is nothing more to say.  I have cold feet.  I love wool socks.

Boot Shopping - My goal is to find a pair of high quality, black boots that are discounted at the end of the season.  Of course, I fall in love with the pair that are not marked down at all.  I'm still patting myself on the back for not buying the tan leather ones that were a fantastic price but not needed.  Discipline.  Self Control.  Restraint.  It took great levels of these to refrain.


Soups - Always a soup fan, this trend fires up to fanatic during the cold winter months.  Last night I enjoyed egg drop soup.  Cream of Broccoli, Tortellini, Taco, and chili are other favorites.  Must make more!

Party Planning - My daughter turns seven this week!  She's having an art party at home over the weekend and so we are in decorting and planning mode.  Next month the little man turns five and we're already planning ahead for that.

Church Stuff - Our small group has doubled and isn't so small.  I'm enjoying getting to know new friends.  Even more exciting to me are some sweet positive prayer outcomes and the arrival of a sweet baby girl to one of our own.  We're reading the book, "Lies Women Believe," by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

Vacay Dreaming - Already it seems the summer calendars are filling up.  I don't have any concrete summer plans, but I'm thinking of ways to have an economical vacation with my children.  We visited with family in 2012 and took a couple of nearby get-away days, but I'd like something more memorable this year.  We always love the beach!

What have you been up to?  What are you into?  What little things mark this season of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment