Cutest Blog Layout

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Man With A Grocery List

I'm weird, I usually type my lists at work.
After the big move last week, I knew I would be too wiped out for Thanksgiving travel.  Mr. Wonderful made the decision to remain here with us and we're going to celebrate our gratefulness together with our children. 

We've worked up a menu that includes favorites from both our families and worked out a plan to get it all done at close to the same time.  It's turning into quite the togetherness project and I thought it was just so dear when Mr. Wonderful asked me to give him a list for the grocery store.

I felt such a sense of teamwork and comradarie.  Through the move, I let myself really depend on Mr. Wonderful - to need him.  For all of my separation, single motherhood and much of my marriage I survived by doing as much as I could by myself.  Needing made me feel weak and while I did ask for help, it was only when I had no other option and to those that I knew would not refuse.

I am terrified of being vulnerable.  And yet I love the reward of opening myself to needing help, to doing life with someone that I love.  I'm just getting used to feeling safe in relationship and it is such a sweet treasure.  It was a simple thing, he asked for a grocery list and then got the groceries.  But it has deeper meaning for me.  Togetherness.  I couldn't ask for more.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Depending on someone does make us vulnerable, but letting it happen comes with many rewards that we would otherwise miss out on. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who's sort of scared of being vulnerable, too, this is a really beautiful and accurate description. How courageous of you - good for you! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete