Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, October 22, 2012

A Frightful October!



Fall is my favorite time of year and the colors are at peak right now where I live.  But we haven't taken our annual fall foliage carriage ride, photoshoot, hiking.  We did make it to the pumpkin patch and have enjoyed the leaves at the park, but this October brings more than seasonal change.  We are moving.  For many reasons, moving is an emotional trigger for me, even under the best circumstances.  Doing this alone has made me feel overwhelmed, inadequate and insecure. 

Packing up this house reminds me of when we moved in ... a very different family from what we are today.  I'm grieving those losses a little bit.  The hardest part is losing some of the consistency that we have had for all these years, through the separation and divorce. 

And we are just plain busy!  I'm so thankful that this is our last week of soccer sesaon.  School is in full-on homework mode and I've been busy preparing for a presentation and travel this weekend.  Once I make it through this week, relief will be in sight.  Yes, I have the move coming right up, but I will be able to focus only on that.

This October has had a bit of a shadow over my normally favorite season ... but I do not mind, it's part of the process of growing and changing and looking to the future.  Just like I love these unique, gray pumpkins, I'm trying to make the best of the season of change in our lives.



No comments:

Post a Comment