Cutest Blog Layout

Friday, August 31, 2012

Bye, Bye Summertime!

School started almost a month ago, but summer 'officially' ends with the arrival of Labor Day.  We've had a fantastic summer - really great.  I especially loved our laid-back schedule and simple days.  Here are my best memories:
 
1 - Hilton Head Beach Trip
If I wasn't in love before, I certainly was after spending a week with Mr. Wonderful!
 
2- College Girl Friend Getaway
Nothing compares to the friendship we share!
 
3 - July 4 Freedom Festival
 I loved getting to do fun things with our favorite people!
 
 4 - Smoky Mountain Swimming, Hiking, Picnics & Wildlife

 
 
 
Visits With My Parents
My family are the best and most supportive, I am SO glad to have them and SO sad they live far away! 
 
I look for the best in each season, but I simply adore fall: the colors, the clothing, the activities, the mountains - everything.  I'm working on goals and praying about what is out of my control as I plan to once again list the house.  My sister is coming to visit, our schedule is exceptionally full and life is good.  I'm so grateful for our relaxed summer as our fall routine is unusually full!

If the weather permits, we're going to the zoo this weekend.  What are your weekend plans?  How was your summer?  What's new this fall?

3 comments:

  1. I am so very happy for you! Your blog gives me hope that a real relationship, with blended families, is possible. You rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lily - I'm not convinced it will completely work yet, but I'm willing to try! As long as he is, too - there is a good chance we will get to move forward. I hope things are well and you're having a good weekend!

      Delete
    2. No relationship worth having is easy! It will challenge you, and make you grow. But hopefully it will also allow you to laugh. There is nothing like the feeling of loving and being loved. I am still struggling with feeling like I have a right to move on. Maybe it is because I still get along with my in-laws and my kids are 13, 15 and 17. But most likely it is because the man I am interesting in and who has become my best friend lives an hour away, which complicates so many things. I admire that you are willing to try, and go for it.

      Delete