Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012

Pinned Image
source: http://pinterest.com/pin/703756161292400/   

My sister and like the sound of 2012...it has a nice ring to it and I'm hopeful for a good year.  I have no idea what it could hold and I'm not willing to make predictions.  I have some hopes and dreams, but I'm keeping them to myself for now.

Wisdom was my 'word' for the year last year and while I don't really feel wiser, I do feel like I think things out more before acting.  I read Proverbs 1 today because it's become such a habit to read the corresponding day to the chapter.   I plan to add reading a chapter of James weekday now.

Last year involved a lot of internal pondering and I feel like this year will need some outward changes.  The house is for sale, a new job may be needed.  Much as I hate it, change may be in order.  I can handle it.  I've worked hard and come so far, grown in ways I never thought I needed or could!  All the while my little ones seem more secure and content than ever, they are part of a community that supports us greatly.

I am working hard to create a life that will please God, bring me joy, and help others to be wholly their best selves possible.  I never thought so much fulfillment could be found after such messes and yet it's there!  Letting go of the dreams I wanted has opened the door to a much better reality.

I can't wait to share the journey with anyone else who reads.  Do you think about the passage of time with the  changing of the calendar?  Is there anything you sense needs changing in your life?  Do you need to let something go to make space for something better?