Cutest Blog Layout

Monday, September 19, 2011

Blast From the Past

Recently I got together with a friend that I haven’t seen since my college days. She knew me best in the fun and carefree college days and watched as M and I dated became engaged then broke up. Then I transferred schools, she got married and we lost touch until the Face Book days when it became easy to find friends from our history. It worked out that she was in our area and I got to meet up with her and her family for lunch. It was totally fun to remember all our shenanigans of early college life. We were so trustingly naïve and even our ‘trouble’ was quite innocent.
source: Pinterest

I was reminded of the carefree days when I was pretty hopelessly romantic. While I can’t take back the choices of my youth, I have learned from them. I’m more clear with what I need and have learned that it is okay to have expectations in a relationship. I was so unwise to look past the rather blatant (in hindsight) flaws of character and basic incompatibilities. I believe I’m wise and strong enough to expect more in the future.

My friend reminded me of so much more from that fun season. She has always been such an authentic person and it was so refreshing to see that had not changed a bit. She is as real and easy to read as ever and I admire her all the more for it! While my past holds many things I would choose not to repeat, I did make some amazing friends along the way.

1 comment:

  1. If I had stopped reading with just the picture, that would have been enough, but I read on and WOW, what a blessing your short, sweet post is to me tonight. Thank you so much. You are so beautiful, I've met your mom and maybe, one day, this side of heaven, I'll get to meet you too. But for now, I'm being blessed by your journey, which you so sweetly share with others so we can learn to look at our own lives, our pasts, our futures, even our mistakes, in a whole new light. "being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Phil. 1:6 I chose this version because of the word "perfect" as HE doesn't quit what he's started. Thank you again.
    In Christ,
    L

    ReplyDelete